Kitten licked my beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gsuper

Hi, so I’ve had a bit of a situation.

I got a kitten almost 8 months ago. She‘a well behaved and always acts so curious when I feed my Beardie. Considering she’s grown up a bit I decided to leave her in the room while beardie did his daily roaming around my room. But low and behold she gives her empty(clean) food bowl a few licks after I’d just seen my beardie place his butt in it for a seconds.

And before I could stop her it was too late. Now I’m just worried she might get some form of salmonella from my beardie. Is this possible? Do I have to ring my vet?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, most reptiles and many mammals carry some type of salmonella at any given time so there's probably no need at all to be worried. If she suddenly became noticeably ill then you could take her for a check up but most animals can carry salmonella without showing any health issues. That's one of the reasons we always wash our hands after handling pets , esp. before we eat a meal.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Please do that again.

Cats can turn in an instant and attack. Best for your dragon's safety that the cat and dragon are never allowed to be near each other .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom