What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPandS

Juvie Member
On February 28th I adopted a new beardie. I don't know too much about him but I was told he was fully grown. The person I got him from said he got him from someone else 9 month ago. He, my first male, seems small to me. He weighs 389g and he's about 16-17 inches long. He has some fat pads, his tail seems thick, you can't see any hip bones but his torso is about half the width of my girls. Is that normal for a male to be that much thinner than a female or do you think he is younger than I was led to believe. Being told he's fully grown I was given the impression he was at least 2 but I'm thinking he may be more of a sub adult.

103231-4411831484.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Did you find out what kind of lights he was under or anything about diet? I would just get him on a good diet and good lighting and see what happens-- if he grows more that is good -- as long as he is eating basking pooping and active he will grow more I am thinking-

SPandS

Juvie Member
Original Poster
From what I was told his diet wasn't too bad besides the dried bugs but he also got live bugs and fresh greens. His poops have been good looking, so he seems hydrated. I was told nothing of his lighting but was given some domes, no bulbs but I'm going to assume he had inadequate uvb. He does have an odd looking jaw, maybe like it was broken at some point but looks all healed now. I'll upload a pic later.

I just don't remember my girls ever having such a thin frame but maybe they did and that's why I'm thinking he isn't as old as I thought. His upper torso, his ribs, are about half as wide as my girls.

It may be hard to see as well as I do in person but his lower left jaw protrudes more.

103231-7426057551.jpg

saraho

Hatchling Member
My beardie Charlie will be 3 in June. He's only 17 inches long (snout to tip of tail) and 440 g. He's healthy and happy but he's obviously on the small side for a grown male. I don't know about your boy, especially with his murky history, but for Charlie, this size just means he's smaller than some.

SPandS

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I don't mind at all if this is him full grown I guess I'm just trying to figure out how old he could be for curiosity sake. He is such a sweetheart, even from day one. I'm surprised he's so calm and wanting to cuddle so soon after getting him. Sometimes he has no issue going back in his tank after letting him out to run around other times he'll grab on and not want to let go. I'll hold him a little more and he almost always climbs up my arm so he can snuggle into my neck. It's so adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom