Still brumating?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Still brumating?

Postby zachburnav » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:25 pm

How many of yall's beardies are still brumating?

Also, when should they stop and if they dont stop on their own how do we help them?
zachburnav
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Still brumating?

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:03 pm

Mine are not --- they should not brumate for over 3 months -- if they are still in brumation you need to check tank temps check weight -- if all is good there then a vet visit might be in order -- from what I understand something else could be going on if they are still brumating after months --
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby SandP » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:16 am

Mine are up. When did yours go down? My one girl went down early, in Sept and woke up in Jan. 4 months or so is normal for her and from what I understand isn't uncommon at all.
SandP
Hatchling Poster

Postby zachburnav » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:10 am

Mine didn't just instantly enter, he kinda gradually started to sleep more and more in his hide until he wouldn't come out for days or weeks. This started around New Years. Whenever he comes out, he's also pretty lazy, and doesn't move much. Also he hasn't touched a salad this entire times, only bugs sometimes. By his appearance there doesn't seem to be anything unhealthy tho.
zachburnav
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby SandP » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:45 pm

Sounds normal. All beardies are on their own schedule and go down and wake back up differently.
SandP
Hatchling Poster

Postby loljelloclowdz » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:07 pm

Mari is still brumating, but she started in mid February because it’s her first time. It’s okay if they brumate until it’s warm enough to take them outside and have them get actual sunlight.
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Juvie Poster

Postby loljelloclowdz » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:09 pm

SandP wrote:Mine are up. When did yours go down? My one girl went down early, in Sept and woke up in Jan. 4 months or so is normal for her and from what I understand isn't uncommon at all.

I’d be so sad if I didn’t have Mari keeping me company that long. I’d probably go to staples and print a life-size picture of her on some heavy card stock and position it on her rock looking at me if she was asleep that long just so I wouldn’t go crazy 😂
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Juvie Poster

Postby blue11 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:52 pm

My girl sleeps each from late August to Dec/Jan ... a solid 4 months - deep sleep.
~EMILY
blue11
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion