Advice on helping us find our 12yr old bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Williamcurtis

2 days ago, I had Barry, our 12 year old beardy out of his enclosure, sunning on the window sill as he often does. He had at the max 1 hour to make his Escape and the door was open Normally, he would make his way back towards his enclosure and wait for us to put him inside. When we take him outside, it's always straight to the green cut grass to take a crap, bask, or to stand over the sprinkler for a bath. Even though we have only had him for a year now (a friend gave him to us), he has already learned his way from his lawn, back up the stairs and to his enclosure on his own.
Well, for 2 days now, we have searched everywhere in and outside. I've even crawled 2 times under the house on my belly from end to end, set up his light under there, and put flour on the ground beneath it to show his foot prints and their direction - might be grasping with that one. It's just above freezing at night n 60ish in the day.
Question we r wondering about is, will he just hunker down where he's at till temp warms up in a month or 2 or will he move around every day to get sun exposure? How far from home will he likely travel when he lives in a rural setting with a couple acres of open, unfenced fields?
Any clever suggestions of locations they would definitely not go, climb tree? Down gopher holes? Wedged between fur iture and a wall? Under an outlier structure like a shed? In tall grass in the middle of the field? Mind u, we have searched these locations, but would like to eliminate areas to search. Keep ur fingers crossed we find him soon.
Signed, distraught
PS he just came out of brumation 2 weeks ago n has been back to his normal routine.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Look for him in a sunny place in the morning -- you may find him basking and trying to warm up -- you need to look everywhere under things --- post a flyer in your neighborhood of him being lost -- we had someone loose theirs a few months back and they posted flyers around their area and some neighbor found him crossing the street and returned him home --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom