Stuck nose shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brucebreeder

I wasn't sure which topic this should go under, but my male beardie has got stuck nose shed in both nostrils and I am wondering what I can do to get it out. He's coming up to 13 years old. I don't believe he's struggling to breathe as he's been running around everywhere not seeming to care. He started shedding his nose in late Jan, he rubbed off the actual nose shed bit that sticks out on a tree that's in his enclosure, but the long tubey bit is still stuck. I've tried bathing him, using a damp q tip just pressing lightly around his nose being careful not to push in the shed further, I've also tried to use tweezers, but again that is impossible because he's so active running around everywhere & won't sit still. Should I call a vet? Or should I leave it?? Thanks in advance!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Leave it be - he'll eventually rub and scratch it and the nasal shed will come out …. might take some months .

My Peppa was a persistant nasal shed problem girl.

Cleo is much the same.

It is tempting, but too risky to attempt to remove the blockage ( very delicate nasal membranes that are likely to become infected if damaged ).

Brucebreeder

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":p4xc2ir5 said:
Leave it be - he'll eventually rub and scratch it and the nasal shed will come out …. might take some months .

My Peppa was a persistant nasal shed problem girl.

Cleo is much the same.

It is tempting, but too risky to attempt to remove the blockage ( very delicate nasal membranes that are likely to become infected if damaged ).

Thanks for your reply - it's ready to come out, but he can't get it to it as it's too far in, so I can't get it anyway either. I've had him since he was 1 year old & he's never had a problem with his nose shed, but I'm wondering if his nose would become blocked when and if the shed starts to crumble?? I hope not! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom