Happy Valentine’s Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik6ix

106869-3371556793.jpg
106869-2406192138.jpg

Happy Valentine’s Day from RepTar & I ?
hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday.

Thought this would be a nice post as we have not been on this site for a number of months. It’s always very fun to read everyone else posts on the discussion board.

On another note RepTar has become VERY picky. He always has been a bit picky but now I feel like his taste palette has decreased even more. RepTar’s diet mainly revolves around these items:
1. Crickets (his ultimate favourite!)
2. Butter, Wax & Hornworns
3. Collard greens
4. Squash
And occasionally a sweet bell pepper (orange or yellow as he doesn’t like any other colour red or green) & strawberries.

As of recently all he wants to eat is JUST crickets and worms.

Anyone else’s beardie like this? Is he just going through a phase? My old beardie Mushu ate any and EVERYTHING so I don’t have much experience with a picky eater.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Get BSFL and put them on top of his salads as lures -- the main diet is insects but he needs to have his salads too

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I feel your pain... Figment has suddenly lost all interest in eating dubia roaches, which were my main insect staple; I guess he's bored with them. He's sort of "meh" towards crickets, but will luckily eat worms of pretty much any sort (other than BSFL - he stopped wanting those when he was a baby) in limited quantities. As for salads... he'll eat a couple of mouthfuls, but leave the rest.

I guess as long as they're maintaining / gaining weight, we don't have to worry too much... just keep offering them a variety.

Nik6ix

Original Poster
I try to offer a variety and it just dried up and goes to waste?. We’ve tried blueberries, blackberries, the occasional banana, cucumbers so many others I’ve just lost count. I figured he’s bored of eating the same thing again & again but he won’t eat anything else unless it moves ? I hope we can find something else definitely not concerned with weight as I think he might be a slightly over weight ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Happy Valentine's Day as well! :love5:
They all seem to go through phases where they change their eating preferences. I am
sure he will eventually go back to his normal foods.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom