Socializing 6 mo old beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunDragon

Please help me on this. We got our Beardie at 4 weeks old. Due to several factors we had been unable to do much handling- if at all. Now we are trying it out again and he really doesn’t want to held or touched. It is near impossible to pick him up. Is there a good progression to follow? Should we try at night time only every other day?

I feel terrible. But at the very least I know he is well taken care of and healthy but being able to interact with him more would be lovely.

We have digital gages in the tank so the stick on was left on but we don’t use it.

109342-1138797789.jpg

zalaman

Hi your beardie is lovely, Firstly I'm no expert but this site has proved invaluable to me, My advice along with others which I'm sure will comment is to try hand feeding! eventually he will get used to your hand, you can also try just putting your hand in the tank and leaving it there so he gets used to it, also its important you are at eye level with him not above this can scare them, apart from that its patience, he will come around it just takes time and persistence. What helped also with mine is sitting by his tank and just talking to him. (Don't forget at eye level) Good luck and stick with it. :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom