Is this normal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunDragon

My Beardie is about 6 months old, he is starting to eat more greens. I sometimes give him mealworms but he mostly eats dubias and loves them. He has a great appetite. Is this poop normal?? This is the first in a long time I was there to see him poop and it was fresh. Most times I see it after it has dried. Is this much liquid normal? And should I see parts of mealworms?? (FYI- I haven’t given mealworms in a long time but my dubia supply was low so I supplemented with some on his salad a day or 2 ago and some crickets-which I am not a fan of- besides the exercise he gets chasing them). Hoping for some good insight. I am trying not to worry. His cage temps and lighting are good. Basking with 100w and reptisun 10.0.
109342-6041586399.jpg
109342-7016705256.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would stop the meal worms till hes older -- the exoskeleton on them is harsh on the young ones stomachs --- but other than that the poop looks good - your Reptisun 10 is coil or tube?

SunDragon

Original Poster
Thank you Karrie!

It is a tube bulb and goes about 3/4 of the way across the back of the tank.

I guess I got so used to thinking his 4-5 week old solid poops that made a little line were the norm. So this much liquid is completely normal and ok. Thank you so much again!!

He gets salad once a day and bugs twice a day. At what age should I start to change his feeding? Is he still considered a baby? I can’t believe how much he grew!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He still needs salads every day along w/ insects -- they say around a year to start cutting back the feedings for insects -- if you start feeding more worms like super worms horn worms butter worms then the insect feeding 2 times per day will slow as well - they will fill up w/ the salads dubias / crickets and the worms to where he wont be eating a second feeding of insects

SunDragon

Original Poster
Thank you Karrie!

So superworms are ok. They must be different than mealworms. Last person I asked made it sound like they were the same.

I am trying to diversify his food. I like crickets for him to chase them and get exercise but otherwise I am not a cricket fan.

Are hornworms and butter worms the kind that they should only eat occasionally or are they ok to eat daily?

I am also looking into bsfl.

Thank you very much!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He can eat medium super worms - use them on his salads 1-3 - the BSFL are good to-- they make great salad toppers for babies use as many as you want w/ those they will be a nice compliment to the roaches -- the butter worms are expensive and I have only found one place to get them and that is www.mulberryfarms.com which also sell horn worms - I only order 12 at a time as they grow really fast and being hes 6 months you would need to feed them every day at least one -- which wont hurt him - they are a good hydrating worm - the butter worms you can feed them as well every other day or so its up to you 3 or so -- you dont want him hooked on the super worms- feed him limited amounts as they can get hooked on them and want nothing but them --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom