Beardie smells like burnt hair after bathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torquess

Hey, I’m new to this forum, and I’ve seen a couple people mention this but haven’t seen any resolutions yet, my vet hasn’t heard of it either, just the last few months, my 4 year old male smells strongly of burnt hair during and after bathing, he has repti carpet, there’s no humidity in our house, nor his enclosure, only poops in his baths right now (Brumation) and I remove him the moment he’s done, and never poops in his enclosure. His UV and Heat are dead on, enclosure is always clean, I take his salad out and replenish every day/ second day. He’s never had any health issues, right now only has a superworm or two every second day due to his brumating but otherwise eats well, anyone have any idea what’s up?
The only other thing I can think of is we have soft water out of our taps so I don’t use a water conditioner for him, we drink our tap water, that’ll be the next thing I try. But we’ve lived here for 3 years and this only recently started. Next I’ll take a fecal sample to my vet and maybe get an X-ray

Gail

BD.org Addict
I think its just the natural scent of a wet adult dragon. I've used baby shampoo and a tooth brush to wash my dragons and they still have the scent though it is less.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Just a little lifehack so you don’t have to reach your hand into poopy water to get your beardie out: when they squat like they are about to poop, hold them over the toilet and you’ll have less cleanup and never touch poop again. (Mari has been pooping in a toilet for a year now, though once I was too slow and she pooped all over the toilet seat. Be careful ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom