He has a cut nail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that somehow Sandstorm has a little of his nail ripped. I don't want to tear it off because i'm afraid it will hurt him but it won't come off. What should I do?

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Best not to try tearing it off -- you may tear the blood vessel. I'd leave it alone, unless you want to take him to the vet for a pedicure. That's what we do with our beardie -- our vet does it for free as a package deal along with an exam.

That being said, our beardie once go a nail torn off somehow and we noticed his toe bleeding. It stopped fairly quickly and I called the vet. She said that happens sometimes and she didn't need to see him unless it looked like it was getting infected ("just keep it clean").

I hope this helps.

SANDSTORMtbeardie11

Original Poster
SHBailey":2u489g74 said:
Best not to try tearing it off -- you may tear the blood vessel. I'd leave it alone, unless you want to take him to the vet for a pedicure. That's what we do with our beardie -- our vet does it for free as a package deal along with an exam.

That being said, our beardie once go a nail torn off somehow and we noticed his toe bleeding. It stopped fairly quickly and I called the vet. She said that happens sometimes and she didn't need to see him unless it looked like it was getting infected ("just keep it clean").

I hope this helps.
Thank you this def helped have a nice day! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom