Strange Beard Darkening

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
108150-6063239202.jpg

This is Tokyo when he came out of his hide after a few days of sleeping. His beard was a little dark when he came out because he was cold, but it had that weird pattern as if he's controlling what scales are dark and which aren't. Has anyone experienced this before?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've seen them do similar before. That's a pretty drastic example though! New nickname: "Halfbeard" :lol:

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's a relief. Thanks, and I love the nickname :lol: . I got another picture of something weird he does actually :
108150-6719766417.jpg
There's a little bulge on his right side, and it rises and falls as he breathes. Could this be an issue? It doesn't always happen, but usually after food or at random.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It might just be food in his digestive tract. Does the bulge appear and disappear? Or is it always there?

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He hasn't had food in a while since he just came out of brumation in that picture, but it comes and goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom