Has anyone tried to disinfect a hammock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarac

I have one of those hammocks that sort of feel like they’re made from hay? She poops on it quite often and has coccidia. I assume I can’t bake that... but maybe I can. I really don’t want to set my apartment on fire though lol and f10 is sold out so I’m just curious what other people do. Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please get rid of it--- you can order a fleece or cloth hammock from here
http://www.pamperedbeardies.com
https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Wipe-Out-Disinfectant/dp/B0006G5F0S/ref=sr_1_3?crid=17CMAF8BSW1RF&dchild=1&keywords=f10+disinfectant+for+reptiles&qid=1611010051&sprefix=F+10+dis%2Caps%2C191&sr=8-3 this will work or Rescue
You will need to sanitize that tank every day I would get rid of the substrate if its cloth sand anything loose -- use paper towels - tile and NON adhesive shelf liner is the easiest to keep clean and sanitize -
Karrie

sarac

Original Poster
Ok I use shelf liner right now. Does wipe out kill coccidia? I have it. And also is it okay to use on wood or will that stay on the wood and harm her? She licks everything.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
As far as I know it does --- I have F 10 that I use -- you can ask Tracie or AHBD to see if it does -- I am not exactly sure
Karrie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I don’t like those hammocks as they aren’t exactly washable. You can easily make one out of an old bath robe (the plush material doesn’t catch their nails) and toss it in the laundry with some bleach whenever you need to clean it.

sarac

Original Poster
loljelloclowdz":2klnjnes said:
I don’t like those hammocks as they aren’t exactly washable. You can easily make one out of an old bath robe (the plush material doesn’t catch their nails) and toss it in the laundry with some bleach whenever you need to clean it.

Do you think I could make it out of a cotton t shirt? Or an old sweater? Right now i have paper towels on her hammock so I can clean it well while I try and get a new one. I have fabric glue too but idk if that is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom