My beardie re-entered brumation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Hello, I asked a similar question recently but this time my situation is pretty different. My beardie hasn't come out of his hide for about two weeks until yesterday. The day before those two weeks, he had eaten, but didn't poop the food out. Yesterday he came out of his hide and basked and explored his cage for a whole day. He spent the night near his basking log. Today as he woke up, he still seemed pretty active and everything. I decided to feed him since it's been about two days since he woke up, but about 30 minutes after I gave him a few dubia roaches, he went right back into his hide. He's not sleeping, but rather standing in a 'proud' position with half of his body in the hide.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hes fine --- he will poop when hes ready --- normal behavior
Karrie

Tarbie

This isn't that uncommon. My previous Beardie Tony used to brumate for a 2 to 3 months every year but he wouldn't be fast asleep the whole time. He'd come out for a drink and we'd offer him salad which he'd occasionally take.

There have been points when I thought he was coming out of brumation and I gave him bugs (his appetite typically took a while to come back after brumation so he'd only ever take a few anyway) only for him to go straight back to sleep after a day of being somewhat active.

If you're worried about the food being in his system too long and making him sick then you can still bathe him in warm water to try and get it out. You just have to keep a very close eye on him as he will be sleepy and more at risk of drowning than normal. In my experience though, their digestive systems work very slowly when they are brumating so I wouldn't worry too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom