Beardies are the new trend in school library pets

Kitlings

Great news! I agree that reptiles should become way more popular as school pets. Many of them are docile, quiet, and hypoallergenic! Good alternative to dragons would be leopard geckos or crested geckos, because they are easier to take care of and have less upkeep. Dragons can be deceptively high-maintenance sometimes, and I've seen so many class pets go neglected.

P.S. "Bearded dragons can be purchased at a pet store or breeder for $25-$50" This is too low imo, any dragon under $100 tends to have poor quality genetics.

saraho

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I posted this on my Bearded Dragon Facebook group and almost immediately got a private message about the dragon on the geared toy because he's very under weight. I feel bad, since I don't know any of the other beardies or their owners from the article.

Steplead

This news made me happy today, I too think that reptiles in the library is the best thing to meet you there for reading a book.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Im of two minds. It is great that kids get a chance to see and interact with beardies BUT their care is very specific and it will likely not be up up par and after the novelty wares off they will likely be neglected and that absolutely is not acceptable

Steplead

Great news! I agree that reptiles should become way more popular as school pets. Many of them are docile, quiet, and hypoallergenic! Good alternative to dragons would be leopard geckos or crested geckos, because they are easier to take care of and have less upkeep. Dragons can be deceptively high-maintenance sometimes, and I've seen so many class pets go neglected.

P.S. "Bearded dragons can be purchased at a pet store or breeder for $25-$50" This is too low imo, any dragon under $100 tends to have poor quality genetics. They would also make great companions for reading books. For example, when reading The Light Between Oceans or her audiobook with The Light Between Oceans Summary | FreebookSummary, so you can also play with the dragon. The main thing is to make sure that the animals are all right.

I also thought that even though the idea is not bad, but the children can get bored playing with them and they will be left without care. And as for me it does not matter how much they cost as they are not for me but for everyone who will be in the library.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom