Beardies are the new trend in school library pets

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Beardies are the new trend in school library pets

Postby saraho » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:51 pm

Hi everyone! I am excited to share an article from School Library Journal about bearded dragons becoming the trending pets in school libraries. I was asked for information on Charlie's role in our public library, and I'm dorky enough to brag I was quoted in the article.
https://www.slj.com/?detailStory=Move-over-cats-bearded-dragons-make-great-library-pets-schools-students-reptiles
“Let me tell you: the only way to get rid of dragons is to have one of your own.”
― Evgeny Shvarts,
saraho
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Beardies are the new trend in school library pets

Postby Kitlings » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:54 pm

Great news! I agree that reptiles should become way more popular as school pets. Many of them are docile, quiet, and hypoallergenic! Good alternative to dragons would be leopard geckos or crested geckos, because they are easier to take care of and have less upkeep. Dragons can be deceptively high-maintenance sometimes, and I've seen so many class pets go neglected.

P.S. "Bearded dragons can be purchased at a pet store or breeder for $25-$50" This is too low imo, any dragon under $100 tends to have poor quality genetics.
~ Lazaron (normal dragon ♀) ✟2015-2019✟ (disease)
~ Charmander (red leatherback ♂) Birthday: January 2020
Kitlings
Hatchling Poster

Re: Beardies are the new trend in school library pets

Postby saraho » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:44 am

I posted this on my Bearded Dragon Facebook group and almost immediately got a private message about the dragon on the geared toy because he's very under weight. I feel bad, since I don't know any of the other beardies or their owners from the article.
“Let me tell you: the only way to get rid of dragons is to have one of your own.”
― Evgeny Shvarts,
saraho
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion