Should Males and Females be kept together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 3 year old female "Storm" has mated with her mate and successfully laid two clutches (currently incubating) My male "Thor" and her seem to get along, don't fight, snuggle together at night and only show aggressive type behavior before mating. I have read both that they can sometimes live together if not too agressive and also that they should NEVER live together. I am not sue if my parents will allow me to get another 75gal tank to house him, and I am tying to breed them to start saving for a car. What is the right thing to do?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. No do not keep them together. He can mate her to death and them snuggling is not a sign that they are getting along. Its a domination between them. One is dominating the other.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Yeah I wouldn’t even house 2 females together. You need to separate them ASAP. A $5 storage bin from Walmart or target will work just fine until you can afford a proper enclosure.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

I agree, they shouldn't be housed together. Even if you're goal is to breed them, they shouldn't be housed together. They only need to come together briefly for breeding.

However..
HaydensDragons":3b41t23l said:
I am tying to breed them to start saving for a car.
I will give you a big tip right here, you'll save up more money by NOT breeding them, trust me LOL! Unless you have some high quality genes in the most desirable traits, you won't be making money breeding. You will most likely lose money, especially if you aren't also breeding your own bugs. And if you are breeding your own bugs, you'll probably make more money from selling bugs than you will from selling your dragons.

Not to crush your plans or anything, just trying to share some realistic experiences. If you want to breed just for the experience of it, go for it as long as you can do it responsibly, but try not to do it with the hopes of making money, as there is a good chance you won't.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom