Does this mealworm feeder thing work?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Does this mealworm feeder thing work?

Postby loljelloclowdz » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:30 pm

I’m not going to pay for one since I can easily make one out of a ketchup cup next time I go to a takeout restaurant, but has anyone used one of these before? I want to use it with BSFL to kinda spice Mari’s feeding time up, but idk if beardies look up to watch their food fall like an arborial lizard would.
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Does this mealworm feeder thing work?

Postby tgolden » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:53 am

Yea they work but only if your worms are moving about in it. I have one in my Leo viv to spice things up for her
~ Tommie
tgolden
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby loljelloclowdz » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:44 pm

tgolden wrote:Yea they work but only if your worms are moving about in it. I have one in my Leo viv to spice things up for her

I can totally see leopard geckos going after things like that. I almost got one before I got Mari, but I chose not to as I’m not comfortable handling lizards that can drop their tail. I don’t want to hurt them, lol. Mari’s BSFL move a lot, so thanks!
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Juvie Poster

Postby tgolden » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:04 pm

I've never had a Leo tail drop on me. Matter of fact i'm sitting here trying to tame one down. Right now lol. In my experience you really have to be rough with them. For them to drop.
~ Tommie
tgolden
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby loljelloclowdz » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:36 pm

tgolden wrote:I've never had a Leo tail drop on me. Matter of fact i'm sitting here trying to tame one down. Right now lol. In my experience you really have to be rough with them. For them to drop.

Oh when I was in high school there was an animal science room and we had leopard geckos, day geckos, anoles, and crested geckos and literally every single one of them dropped their tail by the end of my senior year and Im not sure if kids were being mean to them or if they were just super stressed about seeing a 4 foot long tegu walking around the room, but it made me a bit hesitant about lizards with caudal autotomy.
loljelloclowdz
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion