Beardie scratching glass but no stress marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is around 7 inches, and he scratches his viv glass but has no stress marks. He eats fine and basks often, but still scratches. He likes to run around the viv and I hold him a few times a day. He has a 20 gallon viv and his basking spot is around 102 degrees and the cool side is around 75 ish. Does anyone have any clue on why he may be doing this? Here are some pictures of his tank, him, and him scratching.
110078-2519766675.jpg
Reptisun 5.0 T5 bulb
110078-2895842227.jpg
110078-6386674610.jpg
110078-4727543676.jpg

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
He could just be exploring around or maybe he sees you and wants out. If he isn't black bearding and he's eating and pooping as normal (as well as normal activity behavior) then I'd say no reason to worry.

alexgilliss

Original Poster
Alright, thank you, yeah maybe he wants out because he seems normal other than that. He also doesn't do that when I'm not there so I think that's the reason.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Maybe he is bothered by the fact that you left some of the spirals on the edge of that lined paper and he’s trying to tear it off. I’d be scratching at that too if I saw someone didn’t completely tear along the perforated edge. ?

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Also at that size, they can climb vertical things with ease to avoid being eaten by bigger predators. It could just be his instinct to get as high up as possible. Mari did it too when she was a baby, only her enclosure is a diy that I lined with blue tarp so she climbed it like an anole or house gecko would. ? When I first got her I had no idea she could do that and I had large chicken wire on top of her viv and the first thing she did once she ate was run up her wall and jump out the top of the enclosure through the chicken wire and run really fast to hide in my room. She was difficult to catch because she was really fast. I had to renovate her Viv twice. Now that she’s bigger I do have the large chicken wire back on top of her viv because I wanted to tent the top and make it look more aesthetically pleasing. (I’ll post a pic of my setup. I made it myself by taking an ikea shelf apart and re-assembling it. It doesn’t have a door, unfortunately, but that’s what my bedroom door is for. ? don’t let a tiny beardie free roam like that, Mari is big enough where I can easily find her hiding when she’s decided to take a nap somewhere.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
full

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
When Volcano sees me turning off lights and cleaning off the bed he'll run up to the front and start scratching at the door because he knows I'm getting ready to crash and watch TV. He likes to come out and chill with me (fall asleep on me). He's starts out on my chest then gradually pulls himself up so his head is on my pillow (damn pillow hog) and his side spikes are buried in my neck :lol:

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Shaun78":zrbt2yv9 said:
When Volcano sees me turning off lights and cleaning off the bed he'll run up to the front and start scratching at the door because he knows I'm getting ready to crash and watch TV. He likes to come out and chill with me (fall asleep on me). He's starts out on my chest then gradually pulls himself up so his head is on my pillow (damn pillow hog) and his side spikes are buried in my neck :lol:

Mari always gets me with her crown spikes. Those are actually super sharp, I had no idea how painful those were until one day I scratched myself with one.

loljelloclowdz":2l4a9yeb said:
Shaun78":2l4a9yeb said:

Mari always gets me with her crown spikes. Those are actually super sharp, I had no idea how painful those were until one day I scratched myself with one.
Toothless always likes to climb on my neck whenever I hold him and put his little claws right in my neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom