What 120 gallon tanks are you using?

sarac

Hey everyone, in a few months I’ll need to upgrade my baby. She’s only about 3 months old now. I want to start looking for a tank that I like. What are you guys using and what do you like about it? What do you recommend? If you are using something that can get taken apart easily, please let me know! (I am going to vet school next fall, so I will be traveling with it). Thank you!!

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
I just recently got a Zen Habitat 2x4x2. It goes together really easily as it just plastic pressure corners and aluminum tubing frame. Haven't taken it apart yet but I'd imagine it would be rather easy.

I like it because its a nice big size so Volcano has plenty of floor space and gives me the room to put different hides and climbing decorations so he has plenty of play options. Also it has big front sliding doors so taking him out, feedings, and cleaning is a snap. It has a place to run power cords for lights and temp probes thru the back wall into the enclosure. It also has a nice big top aluminum top screen that is also very strong. And because the side and back panels are wood with a bamboo print there is no reflective surfaces so he doesn't freak out thinking another dragon is around.

They are pricy but well worth it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a Zen as well ----- I like the tank a lot and so do the dragons - not hot on the plexi glass doors but that is what keeps it light weight -- you can move it w/ out taking it apart if you wanted to -- the glass tanks are alot heavier to move and more chance of breaking them --- the Zens have bamboo sides and backing -- so NO reflection issues ---
Karrie

sarac

Original Poster
Thanks guys! That’s really what I’ve been looking at. Just curious if there were other options, but honestly that looks like the best one on the market. Pricey, but from the reviews it seems like it’s worth it in the long run

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Yeah a I agree with Karrie Zens are pretty light weight, know a lot of people with them and all like them. It would be good fit traveling. I have a melamine (pvc) and it’s not as light as the zens.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom