Help with light fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppys

Ok..I need help! I am trying to find a uvb light fixture that won’t break the bank..pet store prices are outrageous! I am looking for a fixture that I can place on to of my mesh enclosure. I have a baby beardie in 40 gallon breeder tank. This came with desert zoo med light fixture that has coil uvb bulb..I have learned that’s no good. I check the newbie page and clicked on the links fir the fixtures recommended but they are all unavailable! Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated!! TIA!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You may haft to go to Amazon --- all my go to places are sold out of the Zoo Med 24" fixtures w/ the 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb that you need --- depending on the screen of your tank it may haft to go inside the tank --- the T 5 is the strongest your going to find that can sit on top of the screen --- you can look for Sunblasters for a hood --- this will work you want the 12% bulb
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/arcadia-prot5-uvb-kit.html
Karrie

Poppys

Original Poster
Thanks fir responding..I have ordered the following
Reptisun T5 Ho Terrarium Hood 24" - 51.62
Zoo Med 26061 Reptisun 10.0 T5-Ho Uvb 24W Fluorescent Lamp, 22". Is this the correct setup
There were none for sale in my area and Amazon won’t have it here till next week. I am worried that I am hurting dragon with coil lamp. I have had him for about a week and a half and he doesn’t eat much.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
For now you can partition half the tank off turning it into it a 20 gallon - you can use cardboard - particle board or poster board-- that will help the coil UVB w/ the rays-- the coils are worse in bigger tanks but even in smaller tanks they aren't the greatest- so try and do that and see if it helps but it's good you have the fixture coming let me know when you get it I will help you set it up- if your in a warm state you can get him out side for good UVB - place him in a plastic tote NO glass - if your temps are 65 or better put him in direct sunlight for 15 minutes supervise him do not leave him you can do this a couple times per day- this would be good for him till the hood comes-- what you have coming is correct
Karrie

Poppys

Original Poster
Thanks for your help! I will do as you suggested and let you know when lighting comes in next week! Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom