Bath time stress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to bathe my baby beardie (we have had them a week tomorrow) yesterday because they are shedding. But they shedding is going very nicely. I wanted to bathe them to ease the shedding process. But, he didn’t want to be anywhere in the bath so I had to dry him and put him in his basking Area. I had an anxiety attack afterwards because I felt like I stressed him out too much. ?? will he be okay if I wait a bit on the bath?? I still have nerves running through my body because I’m anxious that he won’t want to be bathed ever or trust me :((

mpickering15

Original Poster
KarrieRee":30naxh88 said:
It is too soon to be bathing him -- you have one or two dragons?
Karrie
One. Referring to them as a they because I don’t know the gender 100%. We think he’s a male, but now that he’s gaining A lil belly weight, he looks like a girl. we go to the vet this Friday so I will get confirmation then

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Why are you going to the vet? Most times you cannot tell how old they are if they are younger than 6 months old -- unless hes really sick I would hold off going to the vet as of yet -- its only going to stress him out more --- he needs time to acclimate to his tank and surroundings -- can you please go over your tank and lighting -- please post a pic of it that would be better so we can help you get it up to par for what he needs for UVB and basking temps etc--- this two things I just mentioned are the most important things in the tank -- they control the behavior and over all health of the dragon
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Baths aren't necessary at all unless your dragon like them, or soiled themselves and you want to try to clean them up a bit. :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom