Bath time stress

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Bath time stress

Postby mpickering15 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:30 am

I tried to bathe my baby beardie (we have had them a week tomorrow) yesterday because they are shedding. But they shedding is going very nicely. I wanted to bathe them to ease the shedding process. But, he didn’t want to be anywhere in the bath so I had to dry him and put him in his basking Area. I had an anxiety attack afterwards because I felt like I stressed him out too much. 😣😣 will he be okay if I wait a bit on the bath?? I still have nerves running through my body because I’m anxious that he won’t want to be bathed ever or trust me :((
mpickering15
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Bath time stress

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:43 am

It is too soon to be bathing him -- you have one or two dragons?
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby mpickering15 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:45 am

KarrieRee wrote:It is too soon to be bathing him -- you have one or two dragons?
Karrie

One. Referring to them as a they because I don’t know the gender 100%. We think he’s a male, but now that he’s gaining A lil belly weight, he looks like a girl. we go to the vet this Friday so I will get confirmation then
mpickering15
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:49 am

Why are you going to the vet? Most times you cannot tell how old they are if they are younger than 6 months old -- unless hes really sick I would hold off going to the vet as of yet -- its only going to stress him out more --- he needs time to acclimate to his tank and surroundings -- can you please go over your tank and lighting -- please post a pic of it that would be better so we can help you get it up to par for what he needs for UVB and basking temps etc--- this two things I just mentioned are the most important things in the tank -- they control the behavior and over all health of the dragon
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Claudiusx » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:32 am

Baths aren't necessary at all unless your dragon like them, or soiled themselves and you want to try to clean them up a bit. :)

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion