Beardie homing issue?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Beardie homing issue?

Postby nullymn » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:26 pm

I’m trying to transfer universities, and it’s not possible for me to take my sweet Gobi with me. My family is really not able to take care of an animal, but I love her and do not want to give her away permanently. I’m wondering if anyone knows of a person or a place that I would be able to (for lack of a better term) “loan her” to? My family and I are trying to come up with any solution of what to do for her and how to ensure that I would be able to get her back. It isn’t super urgent, as it just got brought up today, and I wouldn’t have to leave until September. This is also tentative based on acceptance and openings from covid, so I’m looking for ideas.
nullymn
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Beardie homing issue?

Postby CooperDragon » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:01 am

Temporary but fairly long term shelter is probably best done by close friends or family if you can find someone who can be trusted with Gobi's care. Are you able to live off campus somewhere that will allow Gobi to stay with you?

Moved by moderator from Advanced Discussion to General Discussion.
CooperDragon

Postby nullymn » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:40 am

CooperDragon wrote:Temporary but fairly long term shelter is probably best done by close friends or family if you can find someone who can be trusted with Gobi's care. Are you able to live off campus somewhere that will allow Gobi to stay with you?

Moved by moderator from Advanced Discussion to General Discussion.

I would be on campus for at least the first year because it’s in Canada and I don’t know the area well enough. But maybe I could do that for the second year and then this issue is only a one year problem instead of two?
nullymn
Newbie Poster

Postby ComicBookMama » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:41 am

Maybe contact a local reptile rescue group and see if they would board her for a sizable donation?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1.0 Bearded Dragons - Figment
1.0 dogs - Ariel
1.0 cats - Skimble
1.0 husband
1.0 son
ComicBookMama
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion