Posting on threads during this pandemic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I know everyone is concerned about this "so called" pandemic but, I don't think a person will catch this flue by posting on threads!
How can a thread have 700+ views and only 5 responses, I am perplexed ????
Come on people this is the kind of thing that can destroy a good forum.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
No one forcing anyone to read it , I can't see
a thread have 700+ views and only 5 responses
, was it removed ?

Some of us take the pandemic and it's consequences very seriously , as attested to by the very high view count in my Lockdown Iso Experiences thread , is very likely helping draw new members to the board to who are looking for factual information on how some countries have succeeded in beating covid19 .
9 cases of local covid transmission in all of Australia on Xmas day.

I expect a lot of people go googling pandemic , covid19 and see my thread popping up pretty high in the URL list , then come here to see what's being said , and might even decide to read other threads and join up .

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
This thread was not intended to debate covid (we all have our opinions about it), it was intended to bring to light that the view to post ratio is DRASTICALLY off. People read them but don't respond.
I get on and go to the board index then to "new posts"! I noticed this long ago but I thought something needed to be said. It's not just 1 post, there are MANY posts that fit in this category, look for yourself.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Gormagon":3269jkm8 said:
This thread was not intended to debate covid (we all have our opinions about it), it was intended to bring to light that the view to post ratio is DRASTICALLY off. People read them but don't respond.
I get on and go to the board index then to "new posts"! I noticed this long ago but I thought something needed to be said. It's not just 1 post, there are MANY posts that fit in this category, look for yourself.

Personally , I don't see an issue if people chose to view and not post. Since when is there a target ratio views to posts for a thread ?
Have you considered that a lot of the people viewing threads are here as guests and unable to respond?
Not just members who are interested enough to view these threads but have nothing they want to add to them.

I'm sure there are other threads on all manner of topics where this happens.

Like I said , if you're not interested in the topic that's subject of a thread by anyone , no one is compelling anyone else to view let along respond.
Lots of threads I view and choose not to respond to , usually because someone else already responded and I have nothing extra to add that's relevant.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
[Thread Locked by Moderator]

I agree, it does seem like there has been a bit less activity lately, but it's not uncommon around the holidays.

There are also bots and SEO crawlers that "view" threads which adds to the view count. But for the most part, we try not to let any threads go unanswered.

It would be nice if we could get back to the times where we had tons of activity and posts here. The best way I know of that, is to create a friendly environment, and to post threads that get the community involved, and not just help threads. :)

Thread is being locked simply because it's getting tense already.

Happy Holidays :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom