Why is my beardie so friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a two month old beardie three days ago, and he seems to be unusually friendly. On day 2 he was already eating out of my hand, and he never runs away when I get close. He is really active and alert, so he is not sick or anything. Is this normal, or is he just super friendly?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Believe me when I say this,,, it could be a lot worse. I have a 25 month old dragon that has hated me since day one, Charlie is a BRAT!!! Yes, I can pet him in his viv but, he will attempt to eat you if you try to pick him up, lol!!! It's a good thing they don't breathe fire, LMAO!!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
BeardieMan7":y08tzcd0 said:
I just got a two month old beardie three days ago, and he seems to be unusually friendly. On day 2 he was already eating out of my hand, and he never runs away when I get close. He is really active and alert, so he is not sick or anything. Is this normal, or is he just super friendly?

Very likely he's been handled lots and treated very gently by the breeder , so has learnt people are sources of warmth, food, and are a safe place.

Seems to me humanophilic dragons are a product of how they are nurtured by the breeder and their owner.
Do this right and they become mega tame and friendly and even seek out people.

saraho

Hatchling Member
I agree that he's the product of a great early upbringing. Charlie is very friendly, and is very calm with children. I've always thought it was because he spent his first 2 years in a 1st grade classroom.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Awesome upbringing. Enjoy him. My beardie was a rescue from an abusive owner and he was a beast to tame down (bit me in the face). That's awesome to hear there is a great breeder out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom