Dragon size!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatherdlx1016

Good morning everyone. I have a male 6 month beardie who just hit 15 inches. I wanted to just ask the more experienced owners how big you think he will get at maturity? I know 18”-24” is the average for full grown so I’m guess he’s going to be big. Thank you!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's always interesting to watch them grow and even guess what size they may end up as adults. :) There is really no way to be sure, your dragon is a good average size, not small and not excessively large for his age. You'll just have to wait to see for sure, they can still be growing, although much more slowly , past 18 months and up to 2 years.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Hi there

My girl is 10 years old - she maxed out around 18 months - at 16.5 - 17 inches. Females tend to be / can be a bit smaller than males ... most noticeable to me the is head shape of a female vs make. But yep, she’s on the lower end of that average length chart. Width - well that’s a different story ?

saraho

Hatchling Member
Charlie is small for an adult male. He's about 2 1/2 years old, and measures 16 inches from tip of his nose to the tip of is tail. I was told by his original owner that he was stunted as a baby, but he looks perfectly fine, just not as big as some. On the other hand, my friend's daughter got a beardie in June and so he's probably a little less than a year old. He's already longer than Charlie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom