Dragon size!

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Dragon size!

Postby Heatherdlx1016 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:27 am

Good morning everyone. I have a male 6 month beardie who just hit 15 inches. I wanted to just ask the more experienced owners how big you think he will get at maturity? I know 18”-24” is the average for full grown so I’m guess he’s going to be big. Thank you!
Heatherdlx1016
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Dragon size!

Postby AHBD » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:07 am

Hi there, it's always interesting to watch them grow and even guess what size they may end up as adults. :) There is really no way to be sure, your dragon is a good average size, not small and not excessively large for his age. You'll just have to wait to see for sure, they can still be growing, although much more slowly , past 18 months and up to 2 years.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby blue11 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:36 pm

Hi there

My girl is 10 years old - she maxed out around 18 months - at 16.5 - 17 inches. Females tend to be / can be a bit smaller than males ... most noticeable to me the is head shape of a female vs make. But yep, she’s on the lower end of that average length chart. Width - well that’s a different story 😂
~EMILY
blue11
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby saraho » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:43 am

Charlie is small for an adult male. He's about 2 1/2 years old, and measures 16 inches from tip of his nose to the tip of is tail. I was told by his original owner that he was stunted as a baby, but he looks perfectly fine, just not as big as some. On the other hand, my friend's daughter got a beardie in June and so he's probably a little less than a year old. He's already longer than Charlie.
“Let me tell you: the only way to get rid of dragons is to have one of your own.”
― Evgeny Shvarts,
saraho
Hatchling Poster

Postby Shaun78 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:51 am

My rescue Volcano is about 16 months (estimate) and he's 20" long at last check.
Shaun78
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion