What to use as treats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! I want to start training my beardie a little which means I need some treats to teach her. What are some good things to use as treats? I don't want to use something like hornworms so that she doesn't become dependent on them and start refusing her dubias. Also, I want to make sure whatever I'm feeding her is small enough to be able to feed her multiple at a time. So what are some good options? I would love to hear some suggestions and even some things you've taught your beardies and your methods for teaching!

myagregory1":2ij3cm9t said:
Hi guys! I want to start training my beardie a little which means I need some treats to teach her. What are some good things to use as treats? I don't want to use something like hornworms so that she doesn't become dependent on them and start refusing her dubias. Also, I want to make sure whatever I'm feeding her is small enough to be able to feed her multiple at a time. So what are some good options? I would love to hear some suggestions and even some things you've taught your beardies and your methods for teaching!
A good treat to give are waxworms. They are small and fat, and Sandstorm likes them a lot. They are also gentle so they're easy to pick up with tweezers. But they are not a good staple because like i said they are high in fat content. Hope this helped! :)

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
There are lots of things you can give as an occasional treat. Superworms, hornworms, waxworms, and (although highly debated by some people) mealworms.

For salad treats, there's LOTS of different occasionals. Berries are some of my beardie's favorite salad treats. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html has a good list for veggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom