New dragon owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I recently purchased a Translucent red Bearded dragon. From big apple herp. Its a baby but won't eat crickets but will small meal worms. Is there any products I can get to help with growth with it. I tried waxworms and mealworms will only eat these. Have Dubia roaches coming but fear weather may arrive dead. I feed butternut squash an Collard greens. Will eat these. Just looking for any other option for this dragon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would avoid the meal worms if you can -they have a exoskeleton on them that is harsh on the stomachs- crickets-- I would get them and limit the wax worms if hes eating them - they are too fatty and long term can cause liver damage- small silk worms are a good staple but finding them has been hard -- BSFL are a great staple for a baby - you would need to feed a lot of them as they are small- even the large are small - they make great salad toppers
www.reptilianarts.com this place had smalls silk worms but have been out try here
www.coastalsilkworms.com they are out of the east coast and west coast
www.dubiaroaches.com they have dubia roaches and nutri grubs (BSFL)
www.symptonbsf.com do not dust the BSFL
Here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
I would get the BSFL and feed your dubias they are easier to feed in the salad bowl and a great compliment to the roaches -- you can also feed small super worms you can get them from dubia roaches they come in cups w/ food - I would feed 1-3 w/ your salads and BSFL -
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom