Properly sized hide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know any good hides that will fit an adult bearded dragon? I’m using a home made one currently, but I want to buy a better looking hide somewhere.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Zen Habitats sells two, and my 17" yearling beardie fits perfectly. Here's a pic of Figment sitting on top of the corner cave, which makes it look smaller than it actually is - trust me, he has no problem curling up comfortably inside.

full

You can get a corner model or a larger version of the Zen Cave here:

Zen Cave
https://www.zenhabitats.com/products/zen-cave-stone

Corner Cave
https://www.zenhabitats.com/products/zen-corner-cave-stone?pr_prod_strat=copurchase&pr_rec_pid=4781499973716&pr_ref_pid=4781501677652&pr_seq=uniform

I like the slate tops on them, and use mine as a warm-side hide that doubles as a basking platform.

saraho

Hatchling Member
I've been thinking about hides myself today. Charlie has never had a proper one. I haven't been able to make one he likes and the library budget hasn't allowed me much beyond his lighting and food requirements.

We are making plans to move his terrarium onto a lower cabinet that is custom built for him. This cabinet will give me more storage and be low enough for kids to see him easier. I plan to come in on the weekend and take his whole terrarium apart for deep cleaning and rearranging, so I wanted to address the hide issue if possible.

I ended up making (another) one. We will see how it goes. The opening is big enough, and it'll be roomy as well as provide a basking platform. Keep fingers crossed that he likes it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom