Bearded Dragon Feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

Will you guys tell me if my feeding is okay? Thanks!

Monday
BD: 3 superworms with Reptivite
BD: Salad

Tuesday

Wednesday
BD: 3 superworms with Reptivite

Thursday

Friday
BD: 3 superworms

Saturday
BD: Full salad with Reptivite

Sunday
BD: Repashy
BD: Full salad

A general salad:
- Collard greens
- Broccoli
- Bell Pepper
- Grapes

Am I feeding them too many or too few superworms? Is the amount of salad okay? Is the salad content okay? I feed them differentiating things, but that's the generic salad I feed them; a leafy green, two vegetables, and a fruit. Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's always best to have more variety in the feeder insects but it's good that you use the Repashy diet and the dragons get plenty of salads. To add to the salads : greens like kale, turnip, mustard, arugula, a bit of grated squash, green beans. Avoid fruit except for once in a while, broccoli as well. Other than that everything sounds good. :) BTW , can you post pics of your beardies ? Cut back on the Reptivite, a little less is better than too much. Add one day of plain calcium supplement. All supplements should be used very lightly.

SavannahDragons

Original Poster
Thanks for the help!

I do replace superworms a few times, maybe four times a month with earthworms, dubia's, mealworms, waxworms, crickets, etc. I'll try to incorporate more feeders, though, and add more variety to the salads. What's a good calcium supplement? Okay, I'll send some pictures of them in a couple of minutes. Thanks!

SavannahDragons

Original Poster
Here are the pictures!

This first one is Reia; she turned two a couple of months ago. She and Lula, who is the next lizard, are both a little stunted but are growing. It's because I wasn't sure of the care of bearded dragons when they were younger, and this affected their growth, but they're growing a lot and fast now.
108336-2657170552.jpg

This is Lula, she is also recently two. Lula and Reia are biological sisters, as the next two lizards are their parents and I grew them from the egg.
108336-1808977430.jpg

This is Lizzie, he is 3 1/2 years old. He is the biological father of Lula and Reia. He did have tail-rot a year and a half ago, but he had that bit of his tail amputated at the vet and is okay now.
108336-701391031.jpg

This is Jaxy Girl, she is also 3 1/2 years old. I bought her and Lizzie from Petco, but that Petco was one of those rare, good ones. They were healthily taken care of at that Petco, which is a bit of a shock, haha.
108336-7191372886.jpg

Please tell me if anythings wrong with them physically. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom