Mari keeps biting things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Mari suddenly started attacking any object that moves (thankfully not people or my other pets!) which unfortunately includes any shiny jewelry I’m wearing and my computer charger. I’m afraid she’s going to break something and swallow it or get electrocuted. (I unplugged everything in my room I’m not using.) I grabbed her immediately when she bit my computer charger and told her “no!” Very firmly (they probably don’t even listen to verbal cues lol) and she then tried to attack my necklace. She just had a huge dinner and I offered her more food but she’s not hungry: she’s just being really territorial lately. Is this part of beardie puberty? She’s currently attacking a paper towel.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
:lol: oh dear --- what is the lighting in the tank ? alot of times basking temps if they are too hot will start aggression and incorrect UVB as well - but it could also be hormonal as well -- its hard to say - its one of those process of elimination
Karrie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":rnr5529j said:
:lol: oh dear --- what is the lighting in the tank ? alot of times basking temps if they are too hot will start aggression and incorrect UVB as well - but it could also be hormonal as well -- its hard to say - its one of those process of elimination
Karrie

I just did her 6 month replacement for her UVB (Reptisun 10.0 tube, under the hood (it’s a tented roof I made so it’s hanging from ropes to make it look like an exhibit at a zoo with an adventure theme to it) no plastic cover, yes reflector, yes exactly 6.5 inches from her basking spot. Her temperatures are a gradient from room temperature (72) to 102. (Her viv is large) She’s been pooping a little more frequently though (three times a week instead of just once.) also she just burrowed under her substrate (paper towel because it’s so convenient) which she NEVER does. She usually climbs up into bed with me, but im going to let her spend the night like that just in case she’s down there laying eggs that I failed to notice. I don’t want to disrupt her. ? (she’s been a bit large lately but not lumpy like marbles. She has been eating like crazy though.)

If she does lay eggs, are they edible to ovivorous snakes? I’d like to recycle them by just tossing them outside for the garter snakes.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not sure on those questions - we need AHBD to answer about the egg thing --- is she doing a lot of digging - her behavior really sounds weird
Karrie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She took her daily poop on my bed! Yesterday she pooped on my sweater and the day before she pooped on one of my drawings. I spoil her and this is how she repays me?

She’s been hungrier lately because she’s growing, so I’ve been feeding her more frequently (BSFL and salad) and she’s been eating a lot. Unfortunately that means she’s been pooping every 24 hours and that ho never does it in her enclosure, but rather holds it in during bath time and then lets it all out when I think “oh she doesn’t have to poop,” and I put her on my bed or something trusting her schemes. ? at least she doesn’t poop every 10 minutes like my cockatiel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom