Species of my new beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystalmel

Hello all! I am a new beardie mom. Aug 14 she hatched and we got her a week ago. She went to the vet and he said she looked good, however she was 7 grams. She is now 8 grams. I am wondering if she is a Rankins or not. Is there a way to know based of weight? Sometimes her head looks more round sometimes it doesn't. I also added pics if that helps.
109673-6678628670.jpg
109673-2895214991.jpg
109673-9397960677.jpg
109673-5112282042.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, although she's a bit small she is not a Rankin's. People who breed dragons know what they are and only label them as such when they sell them. There are not many for sale and they are sort of desirable for people who want a small version of a beardie so the breeders do not get confused, they know what they have. The average size of an adult Rankin's is 10-12 " max. So a Rankin's baby would be MUCH smaller than what you have and the markings would be different.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I concur , she's a central based on her head shape and crow formation.

7g hatching central will eventually become a 600g or larger adult.

My Puff and Rex started off 8g and 7g at 6 weeks old when I brought them home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom