Species of my new beardie

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Species of my new beardie

Postby Krystalmel » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:35 pm

Hello all! I am a new beardie mom. Aug 14 she hatched and we got her a week ago. She went to the vet and he said she looked good, however she was 7 grams. She is now 8 grams. I am wondering if she is a Rankins or not. Is there a way to know based of weight? Sometimes her head looks more round sometimes it doesn't. I also added pics if that helps. [Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
Krystalmel
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Species of my new beardie

Postby AHBD » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:08 am

Hi there, although she's a bit small she is not a Rankin's. People who breed dragons know what they are and only label them as such when they sell them. There are not many for sale and they are sort of desirable for people who want a small version of a beardie so the breeders do not get confused, they know what they have. The average size of an adult Rankin's is 10-12 " max. So a Rankin's baby would be MUCH smaller than what you have and the markings would be different.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Re: Species of my new beardie

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:58 pm

I concur , she's a central based on her head shape and crow formation.

7g hatching central will eventually become a 600g or larger adult.

My Puff and Rex started off 8g and 7g at 6 weeks old when I brought them home.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : , Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Gutzy (F) rescued 27Sep19 - RIP 3Aug20 (est 12 yo), Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion