Lost bearded dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RANGOKAY

Hey guys I really need some help here, I have lost my bearded dragon. I usually let her roam around the house and she goes right back to my room and sleeps there but I’ve had no luck finding her. I’ve upturned my whole house and still no sign of her. It’s been three days already ?

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Don’t turn your house upside down, just relax and keep everything neat while looking. She’s likely behind or under your refrigerator or dishwasher. They all hide out under things. Mari is a free roamer but I limit her to my bedroom and if I can’t find her I just carefully look around but in no big hurry because I always find her within 5 minutes camouflaged against something.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Look under dressers book shelves toy boxes -- she is somewhere sleeping - set out some food for her and a basking light - maybe put some sort of powder on the floor and I am not sure what kind to use maybe some flour so you can follow the tracks if she shows up --
Karrie

EricBo

RANGOKAY":2xdmsblp said:
Hey guys I really need some help here, I have lost my bearded dragon. I usually let her roam around the house and she goes right back to my room and sleeps there but I’ve had no luck finding her. I’ve upturned my whole house and still no sign of her. It’s been three days already ?
Definitely under something dark. Also next time put some long balloon string on her. Mine is a weirdo too. He comes out,and it’s Immediate search for nap spot lol

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
She'll come out when she gets hungry. Also think outside the box when looking for her. Mine likes to climb things and hanging out on the side of things. I couldn't find him for hours and when I went to do laundry he has hanging on the back side of the laundry hamper. They are great hide and sneak champs but she'll come out when she's hungry or cold.

RANGOKAY

Original Poster
Unfortunately there had been no sign of her and it’s been 8 days now, I’ve left her tank on the floor open with food and water in it. Hopefully she shows up soon

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
I hope she turns up for you, that's very stressful. Where are you, roughly speaking? My boy is just starting to slow down for brumation...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How old is she ? If she's near adult size she may have curled up somewhere , under something to try to brumate for a while. She'll come out eventually if you don''t find her yourself and will not be harmed by her long nap.

RANGOKAY

Original Poster
I’m in South Africa so it’s going into summer now, my beardie just turned 2 years old this year so she is probably sleeping somewhere

RANGOKAY

Original Poster
Update I found her ! Decided to have a look again when I got home and found her in the bar area behind boxes. I had unpacked the same area three times already, I’m glad she’s safe and found. Thank you for all the help everyone I really appreciate it :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great news! They usually turn up eventually. Everytime any of mine have gotten out, I find them sleeping in some dark corner or tucked up behind something where they feel secure.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom