My beardie only comes out when the UVB light is off

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0ggle

Hello, I'm a new bearded dragon owner and I purchased a bearded dragon 3 weeks ago today, making my beardie about 10 weeks old. In those three weeks, I have come to notice that he only seems to come out at night and during the day time he hides and runs away if he sees me at all (but he still will try to hide from me if he sees me opening his cage at night time). However, when I turn the UVB light off a night, he comes out fine, he eats and does what he needs to do.

His basing temp is about 100-110f
I try to regularly handle him but he just tries to hide away or run out of my hand.
He has just had his first shed since I bought him

The cage is positioned in my room facing my desk where I game most of the day and into early hours. I do have a loud keyboard and speak to people. Could this be a contributing factor?

Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the UVB your using brand and bulb where in the tank is it top of screen or inside the tank and is it a coil or bulb
Karrie

t0ggle

Original Poster
KarrieRee":k8vkbwr7 said:
What is the UVB your using brand and bulb where in the tank is it top of screen or inside the tank and is it a coil or bulb
Karrie

The UVB is GLO T8, its a coil and its on the side of the tank covering the whole tank

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok please get rid of the coil--- he's hiding from it--- they are no good
Please get this a 24" fixture--w/ reflector-- zoo
Med-- they come w/ a 5.0 bulb that can be used as a backup distance and placement is different from the bulb I am recommending- a Reptisun 10.0 T 5- visit this website
www.pangeareptiles.com these people are fast and good they ship FEDEX
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom