Basking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, to some extent, but, it depends on how long & how often they do this. What is your
dragon's age? Is he/she in good health, overall?
This time of year, a lot of dragons will slow down due to shortened days & cooler weather.

Tracie

ChrisKim1010047

Original Poster
Hi there Tracie,

I saw that you replied to my other post about "When do they reach full size?"

My beardie is about 1 year old and is overall healthy and happy. I just ask about basking, because he will sometimes bask on his rock for an hour or two in the morning when the lights come on, eat few a bugs or veggies, and then rest on his hammock on the cool side for the rest of the day.

saraho

Hatchling Member
Toothless is a handsome fellow, he has a nice fat tail. Charlie seems to prefer his cool side too. Part of the issue is I had to move his tank away from the windows, so now he can only see the trees from the cool side. He spends a lot of time in the climbing net over there watching the world (I think he spies on the neighbors.)

We are considering reconfiguring the tank lid so that the cool side is on the other side -- he has a custom locking lid because he's a library education animal. One of my coworkers is building a custom stand for Charlie's tank so we might switch things around when we make the move over to new stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom