Craigslist: Why Do I Do This To Myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I really, really, REALLY need to stay off Craigslist... it's the stomping grounds of the ignorant and irresponsible, and it does nothing but irritate the bejeebers out of me. I popped on this afternoon and sure enough, there's a Beardie to be rehomed... there is ALWAYS a Beardie to be rehomed... this one 3 years old, on sand, pic doesn't show much to assess condition. And do I want to rescue the poor thing? Of course I do! Along with all the other poor critters listed there because they had the bad luck to be adopted by negligent losers with fruit fly attention spans.

::sigh::

So I came here to restore my faith in humanity. People here actually care about taking care of their pets, thank goodness.

No, I can't rescue the poor Beardie... when I raised gerbils I was constantly rescuing them and hamsters from uneducated owners, because the local pet stores knew me and would holler when they needed a foster home for a returned pet or accidental litter, but I can't fit another Beardie hab in my computer room. Someday, though, I will have a home with a room devoted to my tank-pets, and THEN I'll be able to do some good for homeless herps. But I won't get them off Craigslist, I think. Those bottom-feeders can live with the consequences of their actions, for all I care... grrr.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
ComicBookMama":2vb01h8v said:
Someday, though, I will have a home with a room devoted to my tank-pets, and THEN I'll be able to do some good for homeless herps.

I'm saving up to do the same. Once I have space I will adopt, rehab, and try to find happy homes for the ones in rough shape. That may include from Craigslist (Darwin was listed there) and I will pay a fee if necessary, not to encourage the behavior, but to take care of the animal who is a victim and needs to be helped if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom