Is this tail rot or shedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
109426-7636733986.jpg
109426-3180943714.jpg
109426-9214379484.jpg
I bought my bearded dragon about 3 weeks ago from a breeder he said she was about 3 months old and she was starting to she'd on her tail. She shed everything off except for the very tip of it and I'm nervous it's tail rot. I texted the breeder but still haven't gotten an answer on what he thinks. This is my first reptile so I want someone with experience to tell me their opinion if anyone minds helping me?

Rex has something like that as well, though his tail is just darker at the tips when he's cold, this might just an odd coloration or your beardies tail is shedding soon, I know for a fact that Rex is shedding his tail at the moment so it might be, although I am very very new to beardies and even though I've done buckets of researching don't trust my word because I'm probably wrong :p

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, can you get 1-2 more clear pics ? There is a tiny area of trauma, whether from a nip or stuck shed but it may not get any worse . You can get betadine to dab on it daily [ from drug store ] as a precaution, watered down 50/50. Then just watch that dark area to see that it doesn't spread upward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom