Stress Marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Rex is my child and I love him to death but I don't think he loves me back, he's a little stinker who acts like he's the king, I make sure he's warm enough at night and I feed him and he still is frightened by me, he never runs when I approach his cage but you can see he stiffens and crouches down on the ground, he's bobbed at me before and when I let him explore my house he's always sprinting at full speed away from me, and trying to escape when I have to grab him and he will jump off a 4 foot couch he's done it before :/ I have never seen him without stress marks besides when he sleeps, and he always darkens when I take him out to get him used to handling.
109360-3248643223.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need to go slow --- at this point I would not let him out to run- He needs to acclimate to his surroundings and I would be hand taming him by hand feeding w/ little holding in the tank maybe right outside the tank -- he is still going thru relocation stress w/ the stress marks - patience and slow is key here ---
You can put a piece of clothing or fleece blanket in his hide w / your smell on it to get him used to you
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom