How Can I Get My Baby To Eat His Veggies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex is about 4-5 weeks old, he loves Waxworms and Crickets but he won't even touch his vegetables or even fruit,I chop him a salad everyday of bell peppers, celery, carrots, and collard greens and he never eats them, I try to feed him his food and he doesn't touch it, I'm at the moment trying to gutload his food so he'll at least get the nutrients he needs, He's very stubborn and I've tried to get him to try his food every day, and he only eats crickets and the occasional waxworm. Any Ideas?

109360-3248643223.jpg

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
I was told that celery isnt a good option when I was feeding it, so you might wanna get rid of that right away. When my beardie was a baby I gave him 4 meals of dubia roaches a day. For a few days, I would skip one meal and offer him hand-fed veggies, I would wiggle them around so he thought they were moving. You can try other things like hiding bugs in his salad. You can also give him a bug and then quickly put a piece of salad in his mouth. I've seen others wrap leaves around a bug and then give it to their beardies. There's lots of different ways, and it so depends on the beardie. My beardo never really hated salad, at first he just didn't really know what they were. Also waxworms aren't that great for a feeder other then for an occasional treat.

CookieBeast12

Original Poster
Thanks! I'll take care of the celery, I found these flightless fruit flies I could sprinkle on his salad as he loves them, hopefully he'll eat his vegetables

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please lay off the wax worms - too many and long term can cause liver issues - feed sparingly - you can order some BSFL for him and add to the top of his salads for enticement to the salad bowl you will need a bowl like this to keep them in along w/ some other worms https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Reptile-Ceramic-Leopard-Bearded/dp/B084VJJWTV?pf_rd_r=R0HNPKXJ2ZARWAT5MPAH&pf_rd_p=c5b6893a-24f2-4a59-9d4b-aff5065c90ec&pd_rd_r=0173f98f-f39b-4d44-9f76-6ae4d88c419b&pd_rd_w=AuGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
you can get some small super worms and some butter worms and BSFL from here they are good salad toppers feed 1-3 small supers along w/ some butter worms and as many BSFL as you want they are a good staple feeder --
www.mulberryfarms.com spendy on shipping but they are a good place to order from
you can also look here for other places and prices to order from-- this place is the only place that has butter worms --
www.aafeeder.com/feeder-worms/superworms/
www.coastalsilkworms.com two places to get them from west and east coast -- silk worms come w/ food -- get smalls another good staple feeder
www.reptilianarts.com good place for silk worms - they are out of smalls last I looked and bulk come small so you would need to order food for them --
www.dubiaroaches.com good place for roaches and worms
Feed salads first thing in the morning adding the worms to the salad in front of him
here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Karrie

Buzz24

For my beardie I sprinkle bee pollen on his greens. He loves it! Won’t eat his greens unless the bee pollen is there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom