Propel?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Propel?

Postby ReptileHouse906 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:31 pm

So... this is completely random, I know. But I’m gonna shoot my shot. My bearded dragon will NOT drink water no matter what. She just really don’t like anything that doesn’t have taste. So, I thought, do you guys think a bearded dragon can drink Propel, or flavored water? It has no sugar.
ReptileHouse906
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Propel?

Postby Drache613 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:28 pm

Hello,

What are the ingredients of Propel, I haven't looked at a label lately? I am pretty sure it
should be ok, in small amounts. Pedialyte is used for them, so Propel should be alright.
What type of sweetener is in it?

Tracie
Drache613

Postby Claudiusx » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:03 am

It should be ok, but I don't think it will have the intended result you are looking for.

I'm not sure dragons have the same taste preferences as humans. So while sweet flavored drinks might entice humans to drink water, it might not have the same effect on dragons. What methods have you tried to use to get your dragon to drink already? Some dragons will very rarely drink, especially if they get ample moisture from their salads and prey. It's always beneficial to get them to drink a little extra if they need it, but unless your dragon is dehydrated, I'd probably er away from flavoring the water as a method.
Just my thoughts though. :)

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby saraho » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:43 am

Charlie rarely drinks water but he shows no signs of dehydration. I usually make sure to rinse his greens or give him a wetter type of vegetable -- his current obsession is red bell peppers -- and he seems to do fine.
“Let me tell you: the only way to get rid of dragons is to have one of your own.”
― Evgeny Shvarts,
saraho
Hatchling Poster

Postby loljelloclowdz » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:17 pm

Omg I totally forgot that drink existed.
I remember when I was little my dad showed me a trick where you just squirt the bottle (it was the twisty-cap) into your mouth from like a foot away. I miss those drinks.
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion