Bent Finger??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hancas26

109271-275886693.jpg
109271-275886693.jpg
My bearded dragon is about 4 months old! He’s a real spunky dude, so we named him Spunky! His finger doesn’t seem to be broken, but sometimes he bends one or more up. Is this normal?? I’m super new here, so I’m not sure how or if I even can upload pictures

hancas26

Original Poster
KarrieRee":p3trok8x said:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie
Thank you so much! I hope it worked

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Didn't work please try again - click on the XIMG on top of the message box and see if pic comes up if it doesn't it didn't download- if it is there click on it and it will come up w/ a bunch of numbers etc
Karrie

hancas26

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2lagh323 said:
Didn't work please try again - click on the XIMG on top of the message box and see if pic comes up if it doesn't it didn't download- if it is there click on it and it will come up w/ a bunch of numbers etc
Karrie
Haha, you’re right! Hopefully I got it this time

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes its posted - for some reason it posted clear to the top of the post
It looks normal - my dragons often have their fingers up like that -- is he eating? What are you using for a UVB ? brand and bulb please and is it a coil or tube?
Karrie

hancas26

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1w89smlr said:
Yes its posted - for some reason it posted clear to the top of the post
It looks normal - my dragons often have their fingers up like that -- is he eating? What are you using for a UVB ? brand and bulb please and is it a coil or tube?
Karrie
Yes he’s eating all his greens and crickets just fine! His UVB bulb is a 10.0 Reptisun compact bulb

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok your compact bulb is inadequate --- please get rid of it -- too many health issues w/ this bulb -- you need to get this - it is one of the best on the market at this time
For a 40+ gallon tank
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesale-reptile-hoods-domes-fixtures/1884-reptisun-terrarium-hood-t5-24-zoo-med.html
w/ this bulb https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/t5-uvb-bulbs/1878-reptisun-100-uvb-t5-ho-fluorescent-bulb-22-zoo-med.html
this fixture will come w/ a 5.0 bulb -- you can use it as a back up its considered to be a T 8 so if ever used it will need to be at a distance of 6-8 inches --
The T 5 bulb has options - if your screen is fine mesh like a screen door it needs to be inside the tank distance 12-15 inches ---- if your screen is a wide holed like a dime it can be on top w/ a distance of 8-10 inches -----------both distances need to have the basking decor piece directly underneath - I would get this ASAP --
Are you using any colored bulbs for like heat etc?
Karrie

hancas26

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1u6rz39c said:
Ok your compact bulb is inadequate --- please get rid of it -- too many health issues w/ this bulb -- you need to get this - it is one of the best on the market at this time
For a 40+ gallon tank
https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesale-reptile-hoods-domes-fixtures/1884-reptisun-terrarium-hood-t5-24-zoo-med.html
w/ this bulb https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/t5-uvb-bulbs/1878-reptisun-100-uvb-t5-ho-fluorescent-bulb-22-zoo-med.html
this fixture will come w/ a 5.0 bulb -- you can use it as a back up its considered to be a T 8 so if ever used it will need to be at a distance of 6-8 inches --
The T 5 bulb has options - if your screen is fine mesh like a screen door it needs to be inside the tank distance 12-15 inches ---- if your screen is a wide holed like a dime it can be on top w/ a distance of 8-10 inches -----------both distances need to have the basking decor piece directly underneath - I would get this ASAP --
Are you using any colored bulbs for like heat etc?
Karrie
I actually already have the T 8 hood with a 10.0 UVB (T8) tube if that will work, if not, I’m able to get a new one today. The only other bulbs we have are basking and daylight bulbs. We use a black light at night because my dragon weirdly prefers it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Colored bulbs are no good for their eyes- they need darkness and cool temps to sleep -- the light disrupts their sleep -- they have a 3rd eye on their head for predators- their eyes are sensitive to light - please get rid of it
Karrie

hancas26

Original Poster
KarrieRee":69sfgrxt said:
Colored bulbs are no good for their eyes- they need darkness and cool temps to sleep -- the light disrupts their sleep -- they have a 3rd eye on their head for predators- their eyes are sensitive to light - please get rid of it
Karrie
He doesn’t sleep without it, are you sure?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes -- leave it off and watch his behavior-- it will benefit him in the long run
Karrie

hancas26

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3w1wuth1 said:
Yes -- leave it off and watch his behavior-- it will benefit him in the long run
Karrie
I’ll go without it tonight :) Sorry if that last reply seemed condescending. Is the hood and bulb I have good? The Reptisun T8 30” with the Reptisun 10.0 T8 UVB tube bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom