New to the beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfoss1987

Hello my names Justin, just bought a beardie from PetSmart he was the biggest healthiest looking one. I got a 40 gallon breader I bought a reptisun 10.0 uvb bulb I have a 100 watt halogen bulb for his basking,, I have a concern he wasn’t eating much the past two days a few crickets here and there he just finished shedding so maybe it’s that.. he basks a lot I have a digital thermometer accurate and it reads 95 on his rock with 43% humidity.. he drinks a decent amount but he’s not eating nearly as much as he should am I doing something wrong here?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How old is the dragon? A baby? A juvie? This is a 10.0 uvb bulb coil or tube? Shes going to go thru relocation stress - so its not uncommon for them to not eat as much -- but she should be eating something -- it she quits eating all together that is a issue-- are you feeding salads?
Karrie

Jfoss1987

Original Poster
Sorry I wasn’t more into depth. I was leaving floor for question.. it’s not the 10.0 coil.. I believe it a juvenile.. she’s eating. Collards and crickets I gave her two wax worms to maybe help cause I seen they love them as a “ treat” and she ate 4 so far

Jfoss1987

Original Poster
As far as age I couldn’t get a legit answer from PetSmart lol.. figures. When she first came home which was a week ago she ate a bunch an then she started showing she was gonna shed and she did and she’s bright and colorful now.. Maybe I’m over thinking I just don’t wanna mess it up you know

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so basking temps should be 95-110 --- UVB is a T 5 or a T 8 and brand please ? Feed those wax worms sparingly --- they are fatty and can cause long term liver issues -- you might want to get her some super worms better treat for her ---
here is the website for nutrition ignore the kale thing
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Good bulb- make sure there is no cover over the bulb it's exposed and it should be 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor--
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You want it in the tank -- T 8's are not strong enough to go thru the screen it blocks 30% of the rays --- you can hang w/ these 3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- fishing line -- potted plant wire hangers -- shoe laces
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom