Freyja and Us are new to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
View media item 23248We just got a 2month old female translucent citrus tiger het hypo about a week ago. I have been surfing these threads on here soaking up info for last few days. My wife and I want the best for this girl and have seen people awnser a questionare type thing on here and then get some feed back and told they were doing right. I would like the same piece of mind for her. Also i will attach a photo of her setup and viv. I hope to hear back from you guys and we are very happy to be part of this online beardie community. Have a great day !View media item 23267View media item 23277
she tends to hangout right where she is at alot of the day, she does not spend alot of time in the basking area. My wife likes the AC at 72 degrees in my house i dont know if that has anything to do with my having to use two 125w basking bulbs and an emitter to keep the air in there around 106 or so. without the heat emitter its only like 95 in basking spot. do i have my lamps placed right is vertical or horizontal better man i have so many questions. why do i have to run so much lighting and stuff do i just need that left corner to be basking temps under lights can i do something diffrently and use less oh and the second basking bulb is also uva uvb powersun

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum- what questions are you talking about- if you post pics of your tank and lighting we can feedback and pointers for you
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
thankyou so much for the info i uploaded....

I use that big hammock because she can go as close and far from lights as she wants but she never is up there only where she is at on pic and her appetite is off today so i think somethings off. she poops daily and has had a rocking appetite lately but todays diffrent and im concered shes not under the lights enough

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so how are you getting the basking temps? NO stick ons they are inaccurate - you need a digital probe thermometer https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/environmental-control-and-lighting/zoo-med-reptile-terrarium-digital-thermometer-14914.html?cgid=500202 - hammocks are hard to get basking temps on - 2 125 watt bulbs is too much -- you want basking temps 105-110 NO hotter -- you want 3 temps in the tank - basking 105-110 middle of tank or warm 90's and a cool side 80's temp at nite not below 65 --- she needs a hide --- she is more than likely not eating cuz shes too hot please get a probe thermometer ASAP--
what is the wattage of the PowerSun UVB- you need to have that unobstructed -- most do not give off enough UVB - so either get rid of it all together and use the other basking bulb and get a 24" fixture w/ reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 -- or use the PowerSun and get rid of the basking bulb and still get the fixture -- your over lighting her and heating her is my guess -- the AC will have some effect on the temp in the tank usually at nite it will get what the house is but your not getting a correct basking temp w/ no digital probe thermometers- unless I am seeing it off in the back in the dark -- is that a thermometer? If it is place it on the place the probe under the basking light on the hammock - wait 10 minutes and get the temp --
Karrie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Yeah i have two digital probes zoo med. I think you are right because she sits under those rocks im gonna take a few more pics with my phone to better see all inside her tank. yeah i hear people say they only use like a 100 watt bulb for a 40 gallon and there usually good enough so im gonna post new pics. i do have one of the probes by the bask but not like right under it. ill post new photos

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
You say hammocks are hard to get temps on...? well i have been thinking there is way to much hammock going on anyway should i put some driftwood i already prepped the wood? i thought of that there under the lights. I have a regular 100 watt bulb laying around too and a compact flourescent zoo med uvb 10.0 also. i just went for heat cause im trying to make sure she digests her food so didnt want her not getting hot enough?

109225-5475524855.jpg
View media item 23248
109225-1488017575.jpg
View media item 23319

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please NO coils --- they are inadequate!!!!!!!!!! Stay w/ the PowerSun if you want UVB what is the wattage of that bulb? It needs to be a certain distance and NO obstruction --- the reason being is that the screen is blocking 30% of the UVB rays but not the heat -- that is why I made the suggestions I did -- you want another UVB regardless but not a coil --- here is a website and links for what I am suggesting
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html 24"
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/arcadia-12-uvb-t5-reptile-bulb.html 22"
they are out of the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 but this bulb that I posted is very good
Karrie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
ok yes i have heard that about the compacts the coils. ok ill stick with the powersun for now and look into those links i will asap because i have the money at the moment. until then how do you suggest i setup those lights and whick lights should i use. I have a 125 watt bask bulb, a 125w bask and uvb powersun, i have a 100w basking bulb. 40 gallon tank. i also have a fixture pole on my tank. lamp stand

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so use the powersun and stand take the stand set that light over the end of the tank so it's over the basking area- about 12" I am going to check w/ someone on distance for sure- just use that bulb for now-- no heat emitter- did you get a temp ?
Karrie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Reason I ask is because you say run just the UVB powers sun bask bulb and I have a single dish

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Get a basking temp.on the hammock or whatever your using for decor-- that is important--- get it w/ the powersun after you get it set up 12" away - you do not need the 100 watt too I am thinking- she will not bask if it's too hot you want temp 105-110
Karrie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Ok yes ty I have moved the hammock all together placed the single dish with power sun directly onto her driftwood it’s about 4 in tall and the height of the tank Makes it exactly 12 in from her bask Wood. Should I hang it a tad bit off mesh or have it directly on the mesh? I also moved the temp probe to right next to the wood where she will be at. I’ll post as soon as it gets me accurate temps. Also I am buying that hood but won’t it take the uvb would inside be better I’ll buy a different one if so.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom