Dragons reacting to other animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamk34

Hatchling Member
So I'm just curious for people who have other pets besides their beardieshow do your dragons react and your other pets react to your dragons in return. For me I have three bearded dragons to ackie monitors a dog and a cat. For my dog she always watches them but any time they start to move clothes she just gets up and moves away. My cat won't go anywhere near them I think she is afraid. Definitely the most interesting reactions is what the beard is due to the ackie monitors. My ackie monitor enclosure is on the ground so when my bearded dragons are waltzing around on the floor they can see one another I have seen shenron head Bob themand have Mexican standoffs with Odin whenever he was smaller but now that Odin has got until about half his normal size it has mostly stopped they just ignore each other or at least keep an eye on each other but Odin knows that there is an object in between him and the dragons so he is no longer as defensive. Spike is my female bearded dragon and she is basically carefree. She will stare at them tilt her head for a little bit and then just wander off. Coral still too young to let interact with the other animals. And when it comes to physical interaction well that's never going to happen in the wild ackie monitors and bearded dragons and have it the same area and go after each other's Young when they're adults they tend to ignore one another but I rather not risk it.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't have any other pets anymore, but the biggest reactions I ever had was when I would bring my Uromastyx out to roam the room. One of my dragons could care less, but my other girl, Naughtica, made it her lifes duty to try to escape through the invisible wall holding her back (glass) and viciously attack my poor Uro. I have a video of her trying to get to my Uro too. So naturally, I never let them out at the same time.

And when I'd let naughtica out, she'd run right over to my Uro's tank and try to get in.

I don't think it's a species dependant thing, more so the individual animal. :)

-Brandon

mrskobylak

I have two beardies, 2 dogs & 2 cats. They all get along great. My lab tends to watch them very intently, but when the dragons run close to him, he runs away. I've actually found my cats and dragons sleeping together before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom