Angry pancake wiggle

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Angry pancake wiggle

Postby loljelloclowdz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:05 am

Lol whenever I pick up a beardie that doesn’t want to be picked up, they flatten out and start wiggling from side to side like a beached turtle and it’s the funniest thing ever but it’s also scary because they can fall on the floor if you’re not careful.
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Angry pancake wiggle

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:24 am

They can get extra prickly when they do that too. It's a defensive reflex for them.
CooperDragon

Postby loljelloclowdz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:13 am

CooperDragon wrote:They can get extra prickly when they do that too. It's a defensive reflex for them.

I'm so distracted by the "sdkljfklsdajfkladsjfkasdjlfasdjfklasdjf" like expression they give off while wiggling like a maniac that I don't pay any attention to how their skin feels. XD I wonder why they do that, is it supposed to wiggle them loose from the talons of a bird of prey? Mind you this is while my hand is UNDER them, so it's not like I triggered the seizure by bird instinct.
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Hatchling Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:18 am

I don't think it's bird specific. Just a flight response. They increase surface area, tense their spikes, and wiggle to combine as a defensive mechanism.
CooperDragon

Postby Cazz » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:07 pm

Their natural instinct is to make their bodies appear larger and more threatening when they feel threatened. That's why they flatten. Makes them appear wider. You may also notice some darkening skin with some gaping and hissing
Last edited by Cazz on Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cazz
Newbie Poster

Postby loljelloclowdz » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:39 pm

They are kinda odd 😂
loljelloclowdz
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion