HELP BEARDIE RAN AWAY OUTSIDE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I’ve had such a tough week so far and today topped it off. I always bring Rex outside to get that natural sunlight, and he always runs but I catch him before he gets too far. The furthest he has gone is my neighbor’s backyard, but it was still easy to catch up to him as he runs and stops then runs and stops again. Today, I was inside my basement getting something and checked on Rex to see if he was still in my backyard. And he was still there, actually taking a poop so I let him be. I come back outside to check on him about 1 min later and he’s gone!! I panicked and looked EVERYWHERE!! My neighbors backyard, the sides and front of my house, and my backyard, which has a forest with a small stream flowing through it; I went in there to check, making almost 5 rounds in that forest alone. I kept calling out his name and searched for almost 4 hours, and no hope ): I put a box on its side, with his heating pad, a towel, and his favorite stump in the box to hopefully lure him back. I also put out a trail of mustard greens from the forest to my backyard. I’m just hoping he’s okay and not scared out there alone ): I live in GA so the weather is usually hot and warm, but it can get humid when it rains. Today it was cloudy with sunlight, so I don’t think the humidity was too bad. During the day it’s usually high 80s, and nighttime is high 60s/low 70s. I’m just really worried. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do please let me know!!
109012-3308885684.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Look for him in a sunny spot in the morning you may find him then-- warm places for basking you need to look under everything in that yard- do not run any type of loud lawn equipment- it will scare him-- hopefully good will lure him back
Karrie

rexkipling

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2sla5ce3 said:
Look for him in a sunny spot in the morning you may find him then-- warm places for basking you need to look under everything in that yard- do not run any type of loud lawn equipment- it will scare him-- hopefully good will lure him back
Karrie

He has a spot that he likes to bask in on the side of my house! So I will definitely wake up early and check there first thing, thank you!!

saraho

Hatchling Member
I hope you’ve had some luck!! I take my boy out in the afternoons for a daily adventure. I’ve had people ask if I’m worried he’ll run away but I always stay super close to him. South Dakota has been having cool weather so I worry about him being warm enough if we are out more than half an hour. Again, good luck!!

rexkipling

Original Poster
saraho":r5s7je7p said:
I hope you’ve had some luck!! I take my boy out in the afternoons for a daily adventure. I’ve had people ask if I’m worried he’ll run away but I always stay super close to him. South Dakota has been having cool weather so I worry about him being warm enough if we are out more than half an hour. Again, good luck!!
Sadly no luck this morning. I woke up at 7am and set up his heat lamp fixture outside where my backyard and the forest meet to maybe try to lure him to the warm light. I also walked up and down my street twice looking in areas of sunlight for him, but nothing. Then walked back into the forest again to try to find him, this time going past the stream to some rocks but no luck still. I’m so worried for him, everytime I look at his tank I just want to break down into tears, I just want him back home ?
The weather this morning has been good, a few clouds, but the sunlight is still coming through. But with GA weather being bipolar, I’m praying it doesn’t rain as it says there’s a 60% chance in the afternoon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Keep checking those spots -- they usually go to them out of habit---what is in the backyard that he can get under? You need to look and keep looking
Karrie

rexkipling

Original Poster
KarrieRee":g75oleqv said:
Keep checking those spots -- they usually go to them out of habit---what is in the backyard that he can get under? You need to look and keep looking
Karrie
My backyard currently has no sunlight coming through, and he’s a big boy I don’t think he would fit under the small bricks by my house. My backyard has a deck and I looked under there as well as all of the shrubs and bushes (a few). My main concern is that he’s in the forest and could be anywhere in there. I tried my best to look below and above but nothing. The sunlight is coming into my front yard and the front yards of my neighbors around me, and I’m just sitting outside to see if he will come out. I added a picture of my backyard below
109012-5166354771.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Beautiful yard! What is in the corner of the pic it looks like a covering of a egress window or basement window -- is that a drop off behind the fence? I am sorry but trying to find him in that forest you've got well that may be impossible I am afraid--- unless he makes himself visible you may not find him -- I hate to say that but I could be wrong and he may appear sitting on someones driveway or sidewalk -- I would let all your neighbors know ---
Karrie

rexkipling

Original Poster
KarrieRee":206nryg6 said:
Beautiful yard! What is in the corner of the pic it looks like a covering of a egress window or basement window -- is that a drop off behind the fence? I am sorry but trying to find him in that forest you've got well that may be impossible I am afraid--- unless he makes himself visible you may not find him -- I hate to say that but I could be wrong and he may appear sitting on someones driveway or sidewalk -- I would let all your neighbors know ---
Karrie
Thank you! He actually regularly poops in the grass area next to the brick patio, maybe he will come back there? And yes the left corner of the picture, there is my basement door and windows. The right corner of the picture is where my neighbors backyard meets mine. There is a small stair case in that middle area that you mentioned, but when I usually bring him outside he always travels to my neighbors backyard (which also has that little stair drop off to the forest. I have been constantly checking his backyard as well. And trying to get in contact with the committee in my neighborhood to send out an email to everyone here. I added a picture of beneath my deck and the drop off in my neighbors backyard.
109012-9319711090.jpg
109012-7929571699.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Have you looked under those hedges? I would have your neighbor scour his back yard for stuff that he has in his yard that he can get under -- he maybe in your neighbors yard if he likes to go over there
Karrie

rexkipling

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2i91p8ny said:
Have you looked under those hedges? I would have your neighbor scour his back yard for stuff that he has in his yard that he can get under -- he maybe in your neighbors yard if he likes to go over there
Karrie
Yes! I took a look under the bushes and under my neighbors deck, still nothing. Might go check in the forest once more as there are patches of sunlight poking through maybe he wants to bask in them.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
They usually dont wander off to far and you will find them in the least place expected-- check your sunny spots - hes going to be looking for a place to warm up and bask -
Karrie

rexkipling

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3glw3k1j said:
They usually dont wander off to far and you will find them in the least place expected-- check your sunny spots - hes going to be looking for a place to warm up and bask -
Karrie
Will do and I’ll keep you updated, thank you!!??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So sorry to read about this, I know that you're stomach must be in knots. Years ago one of mine disappeared for a day or so but turned up sunning himself on a rock. They don't usually go far but there's always an exception. He might even have climbed in to the hedges thinking it's a cool hiding place. Hopefully he reappears in a sunny spot and you'll get your boy back in good health. I know that you are aware now but you can never ever leave them out alone . Hopefuly a dog , cat or wild animal won't get him.

rexkipling

Original Poster
AHBD":1699vku9 said:
So sorry to read about this, I know that you're stomach must be in knots. Years ago one of mine disappeared for a day or so but turned up sunning himself on a rock. They don't usually go far but there's always an exception. He might even have climbed in to the hedges thinking it's a cool hiding place. Hopefully he reappears in a sunny spot and you'll get your boy back in good health. I know that you are aware now but you can never ever leave them out alone . Hopefuly a dog , cat or wild animal won't get him.
Thank you, I’m praying so too. I stopped looking for a little to eat something. But I just am determined to find him right now. Usually he doesn’t go far so I’ll look again to see if he came back closer to my backyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom