I Have Never Seen A Post Like This

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwi11iams

Mr. Pink, 24 hours ago, completed his 3-month shed. When he was two months old, he would not eat live mealworms or live wax worms so I put a small container containing both in my freezer. This morning, I dished out fresh sliced organic Roma tomato, one frozen wax worm, and six frozen mealworms. In a matter of minutes, to my utter astonishment, Mr. Pink ate two pieces of Roma tomato, the frozen wax worm, and all six of the frozen mealworms. The frozen insects crush easily, so I know Mr. Pink is not hurting his teeth, but what beardie eats frozen food!? I have never heard of a beardie with that kind of voracious appetite from any post. Please advise.

~Gregory Williams

108728-1909161290.jpg

gwi11iams

Original Poster
I did not mention that I have been misting Mr. Pink since the day I brought him home and he loves water. When I mist Mr. Pink, he will 'pancake' on this rock and close his eyes, often falling asleep. Mr. Pink has four watering bowls in his enclosure and countless times I have seen him submerge his face in the water and become playful and exuberant. I do not own a bearded dragon, I own a fish! :lol:. I suspect Mr. Pink likes frozen food because of his affinity for moisture.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
i would not be feeding any frozen jarred canned or pellets--- most on here feed fresh greens / salad
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
and live insects-- dubia roaches crickets silk worms and BSFL as staple feeders-- live super worms meal worms butter worms horn worms wax worms are all fed as treats --- I cant believe he at the frozen stuff either - he must of been hungry ---- all the worms and insects are bought on line by most
If you need websites for these things please ask I will post for you
Karrie

gwi11iams

Original Poster
Karrie,

You need to watch yourself implying that Mr. Pink is not well fed. My little guy gets 24-hour gut-loaded live crickets every single day with calcium powder and D3. You think you know everything and you certainly do not. My little guy clearly loves frozen food and I suggest you take this fact and learn from it. Mr. Pink is apparently not like all beardies. You can take that to the bank.

~Gregory Williams

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They all do certainly have their preferences. I wonder if preferring frozen worms is a texture thing. What I've seen over the years is that their appetites and preferences can change over time so maybe he didn't want worms at a given time but that changed. Certainly keep doing what works for you. Definitely an interesting observation about Mr. Pink :D

gwi11iams

Original Poster
Cooper,

Mr. Pink is a beardie child and behaves as such. One minute he likes one thing and the next minute he does not. The only constant is his love of water. I will adapt to his behaviour, as he is the boss. When I brought this dragon home I committed to give him the best life I can. I love Mr. Pink more than I have ever loved a dog. I consider this little guy to be my son.

~Gregory Williams

gwi11iams

Original Poster
This is the funny part. I will not be able to determine the sex of my beardie for another 5-9 months. I may have a Ms. Pink, lol! I could care less, either way. This little dragon has become family.

~Gregory Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom