Facebook Bearded Dragon Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
So I joined a FB beardie group... won't mention which one... mainly out of a desire to see more pictures of beardies on my feed and less of the depressing political posts and such. I thought this group would be okay, since in their guidelines they mentioned things that I already agreed with - no loose substrate, no feeding pinkies or other lizards to your beardie, no coil UV bulbs, that sort of thing.

After being in this group for a week, I've had about enough, though.

I feel like I've wandered into a cult. Everything you post or comment is tightly moderated and regulated. You are not allowed to post recommendations of products that they have not "researched" and approved of. You are not allowed to post recommendations of companies (bug farmers, etc.) that they have not "researched" and approved of. You are not allowed to post recommendations of breeders that... you guessed it... they have not "researched" and approved of. And you're not allowed to suggest that the admins and mods research a different product/ company/ breeder because, well, they're happy with what they already have.

You cannot give links to outside resources, be it article, book, or forum. The group mods have prepared resources of things like feeders and proper salad fixings, and anything they have not created is anathema. You cannot "advertise" - i.e. mention - any other bearded dragon group, on Facebook or not. I've already been warned because I told another member that I'd PM her the name of a group that was a good resource for all things beardie (this site).

It gives me a hideously creepy feeling, and I am SO outta there.

Brrr.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Facebook as a whole is a clown show, I only put a brave face on and go on there when I need to contact distant relatives.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, a lot of the groups are way overmoderated & some are more than others.
I think some have good intentions but go overboard unfortunately!

Tracie

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Drache613":27i8pzus said:
Hello,

I agree, a lot of the groups are way overmoderated & some are more than others.
I think some have good intentions but go overboard unfortunately!

Tracie

You know, you’re right... the intentions are probably good; people on FB can get way dramatic and confrontational, so they’re trying to cut that before it starts. I wonder why this forum is so drama-free, with everyone pretty much treating one another decently? We’re an internet anomaly! LOL...

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Bioactive is the best way of husbandry and those groups are geared towards making as many myths and misconceptions on the proper husbandry so their subpar care looks better

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I love this website too. Kudos to you Tracie (and Brandon and Cooperdragon) for the good job you do moderating, and the rest of the folks on here as well. Somebody's doing something right. :D

And our beardie is sleeping through the whole thing lately. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom